Neat to see Museum Hack featured in a flight magazine!
Here we are in the April 2018 issue for Southwest, where they say that our “offbeat tours of well-known institutions are a work of art.”
Read The Full Article
Museum Hack: These offbeat tours of well-known institutions are a work of art.
Here’s how founder Nick Gray describes the museum tour company: It all started on a romantic date. A woman in New York City invited me to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I didn’t really like museums, but she gave me a private tour that unlocked a sense of curiosity about art and history. Free tours of museums can be very standard, academic tours, so I wanted to create something fast-paced and high-energy. That’s what Museum Hack is about. There are games and challenges, and you’re using your phone to take pictures; we have a Boy Wizard tour and one focusing on women’s roles in museums.
And the tours are led by the best tour guides in the world – we’re talking Broadway actors, stand-up comedians, science teachers. We tell visitors the juicy gossip and scandalous backstories behind the art. A lot of people are intimidated by art museums. They don’t think museums are a place for them – I mean, that’s what I was like. But with a Museum Hack guide, they make it relatable, they you the best stuff, and they give you a sense of ownership over the space.
Museum Hack By The Numbers
6: cities with Museum Hack tours
We are in NYC, Chicago, SF, DC, LA, and Philadelphia! Tickets here
2 hours: average length of tour
1.25: average miles walked on a tour
$59: average cost of tour
Pictures / Scans
- Southwest The Magazine Home Page
- Museum Hack Home Page Buy tickets! Email me if you want a Friends discount code :-)
- Museum Hack Press and Media We’ve gotten a lot more great coverage over the years
- Museum Hack featured in the Chicago Tribune I learned some valuable lessons from this piece, which I should probably share some day
- Amy Petulla: Love Museum Hack! Telling all my guides to read this article.
- Nick Gray: Thanks Amy! I’d be interested to her what your guides thing of the post! Keep me updated.