20+ people gathered for outdoors, food, and friendship over Memorial Day weekend. Beaver Brook is a private cabin community in upstate New York approximately two hours from NYC. My friend Zach Klein founded it and invited me to join.
- We went to Livingston Manner where our friend Noah Kalina had an art exhibit at The Laundry King.
- I enjoyed sharing the bunkhouse bedrooms with my friends Amit and Megan, chatting and laughing before we went to sleep.
- Cooking pizzas outdoors in the cob oven
- Video of everyone gathering for our group photo
- Big group dinner with 20+ friends
- My friend Idan and I went in the wood-fired hot tub, and then swam in the Brook (very refreshing!)
- Saw Brian and Grace’s cabin interior for the first time. Modern, warm, biggest windows I’ve ever seen in a cabin.
- Rainy mellow morning.
- Several trays of bacon, a big bowl of eggs, toast, and endless coffee.
- Playing a few games of Code Names.
- I babysat kids in the castle area for a few minutes. Never have I spent so much time with kids in one weekend.
Above video of me watching the kids by Ian!
- Beaver Brook home page
- Zach Klein on Twitter
- Idan Cohen on Instagram
- Ian’s video of me playing with kids
- Check out Courtney and Grace’s company Storq for the best maternity wear
- David Goligorsky’s website!!
- Road trip commandos: Mamie and Kayvon
Join my Friends Newsletter
Every few weeks, I send out a short email with the coolest gadgets, travel hacks, and best articles I've found. Add your email to stay up to date.