I love visiting the St. Regis hotel near San Juan, Puerto Rico.
I’ve been there four times in the past 18 months… at least before Covid-19.
On this page I will collect my best tips and tricks for your visit. I’ll also list my favorite spots at the resort.
Hi! My name is Nick. The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort is my favorite hotel in the Caribbean.
March 2022 update: I recently went to this Four Seasons on the island of Lanai, Hawaii that I loved.
The last time I went was in mid-February 2020. I learned a ton of new secrets, like: where to find the best burger, how to use the tennis courts, and who has the best post-workout milkshake.
My Best Tips For Your St Regis Visit
All of these things are free or complimentary, unless otherwise noted.
Fruit Bowl at Spa
Ask for a complimentary fruit bowl when lounging at the spa. My girlfriend likes the papaya juice, too.
There are free bike rentals at the boat house. Use them to explore to the other center of activity: the beach house.
Technically, the maximum time you’re allowed to borrow the bicycle is 1 hour. But we often kept them for many more… and only got in trouble a few times 😂
Food: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Morning coffee station (7-10am) in Casa Grande has a few varieties of delicious muffins. Almond milk is available here. This is a great pre-breakfast before the buffet at SeaGrapes.
- On weekends, there’s afternoon tea, coffee, and snacks in Casa Grande around 2pm. I think the champagne sabering is every day at 5pm.
- If you’re with a big group, dinner reservations at most of the property restaurants are mandatory.
- SeaGrapes healthy food: I liked the spinach salad with Mahi Mahi at SeaGrapes restaurant.
- We LOVED the burger down at the main bar. It was the best thing we ordered.
Once a week there is a tour of the property with an on-site biologist or naturalist. Do this tour!
Why I Like the St Regis Bahia Bay
There’s a lot to like about the St Regis in Puerto Rico. Being a Marriott property with a decent points redemption value sure helps!
2022 Update: Bonvoy regularly charges 85,000 points redemption for this hotel now, and the rate will likely increase soon. Yikes!
Spa and Gym
The lounge area at the Iridium Spa at the St Regis in Puerto Rico is one of my favorite reasons to visit.
All guests have complimentary access to a cold plunge pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Don’t forget to order the complimentary fruit bowl! (This is my favorite “hack” that they don’t tell you about.)
The gym has a wide variety of equipment, including plenty of free weights.
Great Big Rooms
Every room on the property has:
- Huge bathroom with overhead shower and big soaking bath tub
- Excellent temperature control
- Tall ceilings
- Calming color palette
- Good bed
- Nespresso coffee stations in all rooms
- Quality and abundant bath products
Beach Access and Aquatic Center Activities
The beach never felt crowded. The resort is nestled in a huge cove with tons of private beach access. You can also drive nearby for the rain forest, or even go deeper into the island to visit somewhere like the Plenitud sustainable eco-farm in Puerto Rico.
There were nice, gentle waves most of the time. Sometimes there were larger waves that we enjoyed playing in.
Note: there’s no snorkeling on the property. The water was always a little murky and you’d probably have to wade out pretty far to get deep.
At the aquatic center, you can go kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and play on the huge floating jungle gym.
- Water stations are located everywhere. Fresh, delicious water to drink.
- Warm, accommodating, helpful staff. All fluent in English and willing to take time to answer questions and show you to directions
- Suntan lotion is available at the towel station.
- Convenient location: only 20 minutes from SJU airport by taxi.
- Special smoothie: We loved getting a $4 smoothie at the tennis courts. A great post-workout refreshment!
Bonus: Locals-Only Restaurant
Hot tip: Visit the “secret” locals-only restaurant right near the entrance of the St Regis Bahia Beach Resort near San Juan, Puerto Rico.
As you are driving into the property and about to turn off the highway, look for El Verde BBQ. Order the chicken and the plantains.
I really like this hotel and I plan to go back again soon.
I’ve got more “secret” tips, like where you can go on property for an awesome bike ride, or how to spot one of the rare manatees.
Want me to add those to this page? Or do you have any hot tips, advice, or suggestions for me to add? Email me here.