Hot tip: Visit the “secret” locals-only restaurant right near the entrance of the St Regis Bahia Beach Resort near San Juan, Puerto Rico.
As you are driving into the property and about to turn off the highway, look for El Verde BBQ. Order the chicken and the plantains.
Hi! My name is Nick. The St Regis Bahia Beach Resort is my favorite hotel in the Caribbean. I’ve stayed here a few times and these are my notes.
My Tips For Your St Regis Visit:
- Ask for a complimentary fruit bowl when lounging at the spa.
- There are free bike rentals at the boat house. Use them to explore to the other center of activity: the beach house.
- If you’re with a big group, dinner reservations at most of the property restaurants are mandatory.
- Morning coffee station (7-10am) in Casa Grande has a few varieties of delicious muffins. Almond milk is available here. This is a great pre-breakfast before the buffet at SeaGrapes.
- On weekends, there’s afternoon tea, coffee, and snacks in Casa Grande around 2pm. I think the champagne sabering is every day at 5pm.
- SeaGrapes healthy food: I liked the spinach salad with Mahi Mahi at SeaGrapes restaurant.
- Once a week there is a tour of the property with an on-site biologist or naturalist. Do this tour!
Why I Like This Hotel
There’s a lot to like about the St Regis in Puerto Rico. Certainly being a Marriott property with a decent points redemption value helps.
Spa and Gym
The lounge area at the Iridium Spa at the St Regis in Puerto Rico is one of my favorite reasons to visit.
All guests have complimentary access to a cold plunge pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Don’t forget to order the complimentary fruit bowl! (This is my favorite “hack” that they don’t tell you about.)
The gym has a wide variety of equipment, including plenty of free weights.
Great Big Rooms
Every room on the property has:
- Huge bathroom with overhead shower and big soaking bath tub
- Excellent temperature control
- Tall ceilings
- Calming color palette
- Good bed
- Nespresso coffee stations in all rooms
- Quality and abundant bath products
Beach Access and Aquatic Center Activities
The beach never felt crowded. The resort is nestled in a huge cove with tons of private beach access.
There were nice, gentle waves most of the time. Sometimes there were larger waves that we enjoyed playing in.
Note: there’s no snorkeling on the property. The water was always a little murky and you’d probably have to wade out pretty far to get deep.
At the aquatic center, you can go kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and play on the huge floating jungle gym.
- Water stations everywhere.
- Warm, accommodating staff. All fluent in English and willing to take time to answer questions and show you to directions
- Respect for wildlife: the property has an on-site biologist who leads a weekly tour of the grounds.
- Suntan lotion at the towel station.
- Convenient location: only 15-20 minutes from SJU airport by taxi.
I really like this hotel and I plan to go back again soon.
Got any hot tips, advice, or suggestions for me to add to this page? Email me here.