AUG 2013 UPDATE: I am no longer posting tour info on my personal site. Please see www.MuseumHack.com for awesome daytime and VIP night tours in NYC
This page will attempt to list notes about each of the major tours that I do at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
Featured guests are highlighted in bold.
UPDATED — Met Museum Tour Guide Photos
- 2013-05-15 … After switching to Eventbrite for managing the tour sign-ups, I stopped maintaining this list. But we are still giving our Hack The Met tours every weekend. Apply for a VIP tour here.
- 2013-02-16 … First time we had to kick somebody out. Fun night w/very constructive brainstorming afterwards. Approx 12 people.
- 2013-02-15 … Hmm tough to integrate some non-drinkers who were more tourists than participants. But as someone reminded me, “You can’t please everybody.”
- 2013-02-09 … full group
- 2013-02-08 … full group
- 2013-01-26 … Total 12 people. Fun connected crowd of New Yorker’s organized by Anthony R. So software app Vine had just been released, so I am comfortable saying that was the MOST number of mobile video clips ever filmed at the Museum on a Saturday night.
- 2013-01-25 … Total 12 people. My mother was visiting! Plus an incredible rambunctious group of mentor babes (they were a “book club”) led by Christina V. Total 12 people. I was scolded for not having a Lecturer / Tour Guide badge when we were in the Duccio room. (Must have for groups over 10 people – it’s rarely enforced, but we were being obnoxiously loud.)
- 2013-01-19 … 15 people, everyone stayed for the special thing! Great great group. Matthew K hosting w/8 friends. Ramit S. +1, Mallory B. +1. Dedicated tour at the lips to Aaron S. (RIP). Crazy after party at my apartment which the neighbors got upset about. Lots of super feedback.
- 2013-01-18 … 12 people? Including Tom P. group, Anna and her Pakistani girls, others. First time going to Japan via elevator. WOW that was a big new discovery night. Private party afterwards catered by Red Farm (thanks Adam).
- 2013-01-12 … Cami C. +3, Theodora S. +1, Alexandre R, Nadia S +1. Total 12. until I finish the logs, check out these notes on my Tumblr. This night was really interesting and left me with conflicted feelings.
- 2013-01-11 … Whitney and Itay’s group including Jordan B, Caitlin M, Audrey E +1, Nikki N, Mat D, Maggie B, Danielle DuB. Total 11.
- 2013-01-05 … Sylvia‘s birthday group! (oy vey) total 16 people including Nathan McK, Kesu J, and Sarah S. +1. Totally crazy night that has instituted a new self-imposed ban on birthday parties and champagne bottles.
- 2013-01-04 … total 12 people including Sophie +1, Hilary T, Yasmin F +1, Tate, Melissa F, Phillip R, Peter G.
- 2012-12-22 … Vladimir S. +1, Veronika S. +1, Brazilian girls from SP who joined midway (2), Allyson K. +1, Christina W., Marina B., ZeShan M., Alix S, Susi K., Dan R. +1, Jared S. [[Interesting dynamics involved in adding people to the tour mid-way. With exception of Dan R., this group was entirely composed of referrals from Cindy G.]]
- 2012-12-21 … Josh G. +3, Kellan E-M, Jasmine T., Ines P. +1, Jake L. +1 (Nick – late), Robin C., Adam G. +1 (Noah K’s friend), “Just wanted to thank you again for an incredible tour. My group felt extremely VIP and after the tour we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had, it was truly a special and one of a kind experience for all of us.” — Josh G. [[This night was very special for me and featured the most ever extended “outro” where we all just b-s’d in the Roman sculpture court way after closing. Kudos to Robin C. who started the idea for us all to make a move during pre-tour introductions. Also beginning of group tradition in Versailles room.]]
- 2012-12-15 … Cameron D. group including his mother +10, Jonathan B. + Pamela C., Elana R. +2.
- 2012-12-14 … Ruthie A. group including Peter S. +5, Spencer L. +3. [[First time we have taken a seeing eye dog on the tour! He was awesome.]]
- 2012-12-08 … my 31st birthday! Biggest tour group to date with 45+ people attending. [[Thanks to VIP award Courtney K, Shaheen K, Matt L, Michael G, special tour guide Max ZT. This was not a standard tour, but it was a very special night. Mirza N. gets “Most Improved” award.]]
- 2012-12-07 … mini tour for Amy +1 (first tour from a Tumblr link), then special organized tour and after-party for Shaila I.‘s graduate student class +10 including Conor L, Kwame H, Jasmine G, Ben D, Samman C, Dan B, Cody B (all-star bartender award), Brendan C (most impressive CamelBack flask award), Ethan H, Sebastian S.
- 2012-11-24 … Jeff H., Jeff R., Nicole G., Carl S., Charles F., Shing, Max ZT +1, Tushar (although he no-show!) +3.
- 2012-11-23 … Elizabeth S. (co-host), Cindy G., Charlie T. + 2, Justin S., Arikia M., John M., Amber B. from Saskatoon, Canada “One of the best nights of my life.”
- 2012-11-10 … Malavika S. +1, Matt L. +1 (co-host), Jordan F., Deena F., Elizabeth S. + 3 … great feedback session after
- 2012-11-09 … Noah K. + 3, Paul S. … solid feedback after, this tour was way too rushed
- 2012-09-14 … Ronen V. (co-host) + 3, Matt L. (co-host), Ellen T., Larissa J., Tony B.
- 2012-07-20 … Justin H., Ilyse M. + 1, Jules B. + 1, Michael G. + 2 (co-host).
- 2012-07-02 … VIP private tour for Amit G. + 1 (thank you Morgan H.!!)
- 2012-06-30 … VIP private tour for Amrita R., Preeta R. + 1 from India.
- 2012-06-16 … VIP private tour for Richard H. +1 from Australia (hosted by Diana H. while I was out of town, thank you!)
- 2012-05-19 … Tynan +2, Pasquale D. +8, Michael G. (co-host), lots more people – this was my largest to date.
- 2012-04-19 … VIP private tour Swati I. from India.
- … lots of tours to be added here some day
- 2012-02-03 … Elizabeth S., George “geohot” H., Yatharth A.
- 2012-01-20 PHOTO … Ben S. + 3, Stephen T. + 1, Elicia B.G. + 1, Courtney L. + 1, Timur K., John D., Sahadeva H., Will H. and writeup/notes here with history information.
- 2011-12-11 … 30th Birthday Tour 3-5pm
- 2011-12-10 … 30th Birthday Tour 7-9pm
- 2011-12-09 … 30th Birthday Tour 7-9pm with pool party afterwards (!!!)
- 2011-12-08 … VIP 30th Birthday Tour 12-2pm
Join my Friends Newsletter
Every few weeks, I send out a short email with the coolest gadgets, travel hacks, and best articles I've found. Add your email to stay up to date.