I made this page of shortcuts for the Superhuman email app because I searched on Google for this resource and couldn’t find anything easy.
I’ve use Superhuman on my Mac for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. I also use it on my iPhone and iPad.
Hope this helps you!
Update 2020-05-20: Download a nicely formatted PDF of these shortcuts here.
Here is the most up to date list of keyboard shortcuts to help you be more productive and reclaim your inbox.
- Superhuman Command …. CMD + K
- Search …. /
- Undo …. Z
- Shortcuts …. ?
- Select Conversation …. X
- Add to Selection ….Shift + J/K
- Unread …. Shift+U
- Starred …. Shift+S
- Important …. Shift+I
- No Reply …. Shift+R
- Compose …. C
- Reply All …. Enter
- Reply …. R
- Forward …. F
- Open Links & Attachments …. CMD+O
- Cycle Through Links & Dates …. Tab
- Expand Message …. O
- Expand All Messages …. Shift+O
- Mark Done (Archive) …. E
- Mark Not Done …. Shift+E
- Remind Me (Snooze) …. H
- Star …. S
- Mark Read of Unread …. U
- Trash …. #
- Mark Spam …. !
- Mute …. Shift+M
- Unsubscribe …. CMD+U
- Command Center in Superhuman: all I have to do is hit CMD+K and the command center pops up immediately giving me a handful of actions to perform.
- Often I can go through dozens of emails in just a few minutes without ever touching my mouse, which is pretty great. I can also easily set a certain message to pop back in my inbox at a given time, all with just a few keystrokes. (CTRL + H, I think)
- New users: Although Superhuman is primarily geared toward email power users, I see more and more of my friends giving it a try.
- Download the nicer-formatted PDF here.
Download the Superhuman Shortcuts PDF
The current version of this file from Superhuman Support is v4. It was last updated on this blog post on 2020-02-04.
Here’s their official PDF that you can download:
Why You Should Learn to Use Keyboard Shortcuts
Taking an hour or two to learn keyboard shortcuts for your favorite apps and software can make a massive difference in your productivity.
From navigating between browser tabs to finding your computer files quickly, keyboard shortcuts can save you a pretty significant amount of time.
I decided to try out the incredibly popular email product Superhuman mainly for the speed improvements they promised as a result of these hotkeys. While Gmail does allow for certain keyboard shortcuts in their native apps, Superhuman makes it pretty dang easy to go through your inbox at light speed.
Superhuman is one of my favorite apps I’ve tried in the last few years.
If you’re on Mac, I can’t recommend it enough.
P.S. If you want to try Superhuman with a paid trial ($30 a month or whatever they charge), just email me and I can send you an invite.
Join my Friends Newsletter
Every few weeks, I send out a short email with the coolest gadgets, travel hacks, and best articles I've found. Add your email to stay up to date.