My friends Harry Einhorn and Lia Tamborra with orchestrations by Bálint Varga wrote an excellent musical about Hypatia, the last librarian of the Library of Alexandria.
For any production inquiries: email HypatiaMusical@gmail.com They’re looking for producers and a passionate team of supporters to nurture this story and bring it to the world.
Last night I got to host them and 20 of my friends for a reading at my apartment in NYC.
Set during the apocalyptic end times of the Roman Empire, this immersive, multi-sensory theatrical experience is based on the raucous festivals of ancient Rome and Egypt. One thing is for certain: it’s like no toga party you’ve attended before.
Hear The Songs
As tracks become ready, they’ll be put up on www.SoundCloud.com/hypatiamusical
Production Photos: Hypatia and The Heathens
- I emailed about about 40 friends last week to see if their schedule was open on April 30th, 2019. 20 people replied in the affirmative.
- I made this page on Splash for my friends to RSVP on.
- Mike Smith again helped set up and run the bar and manage a bunch of logistics, thank you Mike! He helps me with a bunch of my events and I couldn’t host nearly as frequently as I do without his help.
- It was AWESOME!! SO MUCH FUN to host this incredible play in a workshop / reading format in the intimate environment of my apartment.
- I first saw Hypatia staged at Caveat, a great event space in NYC.
Want to help? They’re looking for producers and a passionate team of supporters to nurture this story and bring it to the world. If you’re interested, email them at HypatiaMusical@gmail.com
Join my Friends Newsletter
Every few weeks, I send out a short email with the coolest gadgets, travel hacks, and best articles I've found. Add your email to stay up to date.