My friend Danielle Strle invited me to join a First Aid and CPR workshop today in New York City.
It was five hours long and we each paid $105.
I’m glad that I went!
Find a class in your area here: Red Cross: CPR Classes in NYC
I learned many things such as:
- Yes, you can pump the chest to the song “Staying Alive.”
- You can also do it to the “Baby Shark” song.
- How to do CPR: 30 pumps, then 2 recovery breaths mouth-to-mouth (repeat)
- How to use an AED: that’s the defibrillator you see frequently now which can administer heart shocks to save someone from cardiac arrest!
- SAMPLE and FAST: acronyms in case of an emergency.
- How to use an EpiPen: stab it in someone’s leg if they go into anaphylactic shock.
Danielle Strle holding the AED with a test dummy